Our correspondents in Manchester, UK, report on Dean Holland’s Automated Income Seminar 2014
Unfortunately, we couldn’t attend Dean Holland’s 2014 Automated Income Seminar in Manchester UK. So we’re doing the next best thing: Publishing the experiences of online friends and fellow bloggers Averil and Richard Seaton, who were lucky enough to have been there. – Phil
MANCHESTER, UK , July 3 – We just got back from finally meeting Dean Holland in the UK at his Automated Income Seminar in Manchester. The weekend event featured Dean Holland speaking for 2 days solid about his own online business and internet marketing in general.
It was the most inspiring and informative 2 days I have ever spent doing this stuff. The entire 2 days Dean was giving of himself entirely to his friends, clients, and partners at the Manchester Conference Centre.
Dean utterly focused on the job in hand–talking between and after each session to everyone and anyone who wanted his ear. It was an uplifting and rewarding experience for us and we are still buzzing four days later.
Here’s what IM Reportcard.com (which reviews popular internet marketing-related products, services, biz-opps, and “gurus”) says about him:
Dean Holland has earned the respect of his internet marketing peers, as well as the respect of his customers and coaching students. People report that the information that he provides, even the free information on his blog, is helpful for anyone who wants to practice internet marketing in a smart and effective way.
Averil and I went to the seminar with many ideas and misconceptions about building a business on line, and came away on Monday morning with a very clear, simple, and straightforward plan of the route to take. Thank you for giving your ALL, Dean!
The first thing to do is to realize that what you are doing on line is actually a REAL business. It requires all the dedication and attention you would put in to running a shop or training Spaniels.
Dean made the following points – that you need to…
1. Get rid of all distractions and focus down on to your business ONLY.
2. In line with this–unsubscribe from all extraneous email opportunities and other subscriptions. Every time you click on something else you are diverting your most precious resource which is your energy, time or money. (These are my words here.)
3. Sit down with a paper and pen or a spreadsheet and list your absolute financial needs and requirements that will cover your home, car, food, and services. It is much less than you think you need to earn. Add a bit for fun too…
4. Set a time frame for how long it is going to take you to achieve what you want.
5. Add in to your budget however much you decide to invest in to your business.
6. Remember that this money is business money–not beer money or ‘…must have iPad accessories…’ money.
Reinvest, reinvest, reinvest
RE-INVEST IT ALL! It is very tempting to see £1250 sitting in your business account doing nothing and think to yourself:”Hmmm! Holiday!” Instead think “Hmmm! Solo Ads.”
7. Build relationships on and off line which will benefit your business. Many of the things your business will need are things you don’t necessarily have the skills to achieve. Many other people will have these skills. Your skills will similarly help other people.
Dean Holland’s real expertise is his ability to tease out of you the skills, talents and abilities you already possess, but which you are suppressing in yourself. Good teachers have the ability to simplify unnecessary complexity.
That is just one of the many things Dean Holland is able to do.
Averil and Richard are going to do another post soon about their experiences at this seminar. Be sure to visit them at their blog Fingertip Fortunes to discover what else they learned at the seminar,